Head to the Wamberal Surf Club tomorrow night at 7:15 to find out what is happening in the campaign to save the Benjamin Parker Reserve and Wamberal Memorial Hall.
- Find out how we can preserve and enhance these valuable community assets.
- Grab some petitions to take to your office and friends.
- Grab some flyers to distribute in letter boxes.
- Get help with composing your emails.
- Learn about how you can help and support the campaigns in both Wamberal and other areas.
Also there will be time for questions and answers to give some background about why we need our parks and our hall.
So bring your ideas, an open mind, a positive attitude and lets have a good time while we make our village an even better place to live.
Categories: Benjamin Parker Reserve, Wamberal Memorial Hall
I have proposed an amendment to the appointment of 18 former councillors to the Representative Committee …
Amendment: the appointment of 9 former councillors be balanced by 9 community representatives.
This was done at Queanbeyan-Palerang, so there is precedent.
We’ll see test how genuine are the new Council’s words about community engagement.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead