Earlier times in the district of Wamberal is a special book on the early history of Wamberal and is a must for every local family.
Carefully researched and written by John Holt, Earlier times in the district of Wamberal is a fascinating insight into the development of Wamberal and includes stories on:
- ancient “Woombrol”
- early days and the 1891 census of “Womberall”
- the Model Farms Estate and housing estates
- Terrigal Boat Harbour
- early holidays, horse racing and cricket
- the building of Wamberal Memorial Hall
- families such as the Ghersi’s, Gleeson’s, Tedder’s, Archibald’s, Pengilley’s, the Mobb’s, the Williamson’s (of “the EggShed” fame) and many others including Jeremiah Cashin, “the man who lived in a tree” near Cabarita St!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to order your copy for only $35.00.
Categories: Community news