Legal protections for community groups will be the focus of a special seminar at the Breakers Country Club at Wamberal on Monday 7 March.
Everyone campaigning to save our parks or standing up to preserve our heritage against the vast resources of Councils and developers should attend this seminar.
Being part of an “Incorporated Association” can offer critical legal and financial protection to you and your fellow members.
Starting at 2 pm, the free two-hour seminar” from NSW Fair Trading will focus on a range of issues including:
- the benefits of incorporation for community groups and members.
- your statutory obligation
- the responsibilities of the management committee and public officer
- things to consider in your constitution
- financial reporting and meetings
- ways to resolve disputes.
Association and committee members as well as public officers should attend this seminar.
Categories: Community news